PASSWORD-PROTECTING ACCESS TO
KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY
A single computer may be shared by several users with various levels of experience and computer literacy. Unrestricted
access of different users to Kaspersky Internet Security and its settings may compromise the level of computer security.
To restrict access to the application, you can set an administrator password and specify the actions for which this
password must be entered:
Configuring the application settings.
Quitting the application.
Removing the application.
To password-protect access to control over Kaspersky Internet Security:
1. Open the main application window.
2. Click the button in the lower part of the window.
The Settings window opens.
3. In the left part of the window, select the General section and click the Set up password protection link to open
the Password protection window.
4. In the window that opens, fill in the New password and Confirm password fields.
5. In the Password scope group of settings, specify the application actions to which you want to restrict access.
A forgotten password cannot be recovered. If you have forgotten your password, contact Technical Support to
recover access to Kaspersky Internet Security settings.