H A N D L I N G U N K N O W N A P P L I C A T I O N S
ABOUT SYSTEM CHANGES CONTROL
Kaspersky Internet Security uses System Changes Control to control the following operating system changes:
Change of the home page address in the browser
Change of the search engine in the browser
Installation of plug-ins, extensions, and toolbars in the browser
Change of the default browser
Changes of proxy server settings
The specified list of monitored changes is minimal and guaranteed by Kaspersky Lab. The scope of monitored changes
may be expanded following an update of databases and application software modules.
If any application attempts to change the default browser for one of the protocols (http, ftp, https) and you allow this
change to be made in the notification window, Kaspersky Internet Security subsequently automatically allows this
application to change the default browser for the two other protocols without showing any notifications.
Kaspersky Internet Security does not monitor operating system changes and does not show the notification when the
operating system changes are made by the following applications:
Standard tool for editing browser settings
A standard operating system tool for changing the controlled settings, such as explorer.exe
An application incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security if controlling or reverting changes made by this
application can cause it to malfunction
Installation wizard of the new version of Kaspersky Internet Security
An application performing the same functions as System Changes Control (for example, Yandex Browser
Applications in the style of the new Windows user interface
ENABLING SYSTEM CHANGES CONTROL
To enable System Changes Control:
1. Open the main application window.
2. Click the button in the lower part of the window.
The Settings window opens.
3. In the left part of the Settings window, select the Protection section.
4. Click the System Changes Control link to open the Changes to the operating system window.
5. Flip on the System Changes Control toggle switch to apply changes and enable the System Changes Control
6. Select the Block changes automatically check box if you want Kaspersky Internet Security to block changes
to all controlled operating system settings automatically without showing a notification.