To keep your barbeque working at its peak efficiency as well as contribute
to the safe operation of this unit, perform all of the operations below at
least once a year - preferably at the start of each cooking season.
PERFORM A LEAK TEST
A leak test ensures that there are no gas leaks prior to lighting your
WHEN A LEAK TEST MUST BE PERFORMED:
• Before lighting your barbeque for the first time
• Every time the propane cylinder is refilled
• If any gas component is changed
• At a minimum once per season
• After prolonged period of storage or non-use
• If the regulator flow-limiting device has been activated
The leak test should be performed in a well-ventilated area away
from any open flame, heat or ignition sources.
DO NOT USE A MATCH, OPEN FLAME OR SMOKE DURING LEAK
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR TESTING:
1. A mixture of 50% liquid dish soap and 50% water.
2. A brush or cloth to apply the mixture.
AREAS TO TEST ON A PROPANE BARBEQUE:
• All propane cylinder welds (see Figure 7A)
• Propane cylinder valve – including threads into cylinder (Figure 7B)
• Regulator fitting and propane cylinder connection (Figure 7B)
• All hose connections (Figure 7C) including side burner tubing,if
equipped (Figure 7D)
• All valve connections (Figure 7C & D)
AREAS TO TEST ON NATURAL GAS BARBEQUES:
• All hose connections (Figure 7C)
• All valve connections (Figure 7C & 7D)
ACCESSING THE VALVES AND MANIFOLD:
WARNING: Ensure that all gas is turned off before attempting the
1-disconnect the side burner hose and sonarque wiring if your
model comes equipped with either of these features
2-remove the wing nuts from the side shelves and completely
remove the sideshelves from the bbq/grill
3-loosen the set screws on the bottom side of the knobs and
remove the knobs. Remove the screws behind the large knobs.
4-Loosen x4 screws from the side of the console and completely
remove the console to access the valves and manifold.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
HOW TO DO THE TESTING:
1. With the barbeque console control knobs in the ‘OFF’ position,
twist the valve on your propane cylinder 1 turn, or the main
natural gas valve on.
DO NOT IGNITE THE BURNERS WHILE PERFORMING THE LEAK
2. Brush your soap and water solution on all connections and
components as outlined above.
3. Observe each place for growing bubbles, which indicate that a
leak is present.
4. Shut off the flow of gas while fixing the leak. Tighten any
leaking connection and repeat test until no leaks are detected.
5. If the leak(s) cannot be stopped DO NOT USE. Shut off the
fuel source at the valve immediately (if appropriate, remove
propane cylinder). Call a certified gas appliance service
person, or a gas dealer for proper repairs.
IF THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT
FOLLOWED EXACTLY, A FIRE CAUSING
DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY MAY OCCUR.
3 BURNER WITH SIDE
BURNER & ROTISSERIE