Loading...
5
L.P. GAS CYLINDER
Gas cylinders manufactured today have mechanisms to provide
worry free barbequing year round:
Q.C.C.1 or Type 1-Quick Connect Coupling Valve, ensure fast
tank hook-ups requiring only hand tightening. The redundant valve
system inhibits the flow of gas to the burner if the connection is
not 100% correct.
O.P.D. or Overfill Protection Device prevents accidental gas
leaks caused by cylinder “over pressurization”, the leading cause
of cylinder gas leaks. The float in the tank will automatically stop
filling at 80% capacity, leaving a 20% area for the expansion of
liquid. Without this safety feature, the relief valve may open and
discharge propane, creating a potential safety hazard. An O.P.D.
cylinder is easily distinguished by its triangular hand wheel valve.
(Figure 3)
Look for the Gas Guardian symbol
to easily identify propane cylinders
with these safety features.
1. SPECIFICATIONS
Self-contained propane gas
barbeque systems are designed
to be used only with a 9.1 kg
(20 lb) propane cylinder,
equipped with a Type 1 cylinder
valve and incorporating an
overfill protection device
(O.P.D). This barbeque cannot
be connected to an existing #510
P.O.L. type valve (ones with left-hand threads). The cylinder for
your gas barbeque must be constructed and marked in
accordance with the specifications of L.P. gas cylinders:
In Canada: The National Standards of Canada CAN/CSA-B339,
Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes for Transportation of Dangerous
Goods; and Commission.
In the U.S.: U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.)
DO NOT CONNECT TO A PROPANE GAS CYLINDER EXCEEDING
THIS CAPACITY, OR USE A CYLINDER WITH ANY OTHER TYPE OF
VALVE CONNECTION DEVICE.
The Type 1 valve is recognizable by the large external thread on
the outlet part of the valve. Standard existing valves do not have
these exterior threads. Any attempt to connect a regulator, with
other than the:
i) Mating Type 1 connector (recognized by the large black
coupling nut) or
ii) Standard #510 P.O.L. fitting,
by use of adapters or any other means, could result in damage, fire
or injury and may negate the important safety features designed
TM
FILLING STOPS AT 80%
NEW OPD
HANDWHEEL
Fig. 3
O.P.D.
FLOAT
SAFETY:
Always turn off the cylinder valve tightly when your barbeque is
not in use.
Handle tank valves with care.
Never connect an unregulated L.P. gas cylinder to your barbeque.
Do not store a spare LP cylinder under or near a barbecue grill, or
other heat sources.
Never subject any cylinder to excessive heat or direct sunlight.
Always keep your in-use cylinder securely fastened in an upright
position.
Do not insert any foreign objects into the valve outlet. You may
damage the back-check. A damaged back-check can be the source
of a leak. Leaking LP-GAS may cause a fire or explosion if ignited
causing serious bodily injury or death.
Never fill an LP cylinder beyond 80% full: a fire causing death or
serious injury may occur.
Place dust cap on cylinder valve outlet whenever the cylinder is
not in use. Only install the type of dust cap on the cylinder outlet
that is provided with the cylinder valve. Other types of caps or
plugs may result in leakage of propane. (figure 4)
into the Type 1 system. The connection of a #510 P.O.L. fitting will not
provide the flow control or temperature shut-off features built into the
complete Type 1 system.
We strongly recommend use of a propane cylinder with Q.C.C.I and
O.P.D. safety features.
THE CYLINDER MUST ALSO BE EQUIPPED WITH:
a. A shut-off valve terminating in a proper cylinder valve outlet
specified in current standards:
• Canada: CSA 1.6a - 2008 Outdoor Cooking Gas Appliances.
• U.S.: ANSI Z21.58a - 2008 Outdoor Cooking Gas Appliances.
b. A listed overfilling protection device (O.P.D.).
c. A safety relief valve having direct communication with the vapor
space of the cylinder.
d. A collar to protect the tank shut off valve.
e. An arrangement for vapor withdrawal.
f. A bottom ring for securing to tank support assembly.
THE CYLINDER SHOULD NOT EXCEED 472 MM (18 1/2") IN HEIGHT
AND 317 MM (12 1/2") IN DIAMETER.
WARNING
!
IF THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS
ARE NOT FOLLOWED EXACTLY,
A FIRE CAUSING DEATH OR
SERIOUS INJURY MAY OCCUR.
Loading...
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | DMCA Policy
2006-2020 Rsmanuals.com