FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY:
• Only use your barbeque OUTDOORS in a well-ventilated
area and shall not be used in a building garage or any other
enclosed area – preferably 3m (10 feet) from your
residence or any outbuildings.
• Always keep the outdoor cooking gas appliance area clear
and free from combustible materials, gasoline and other
flammable vapors and liquids.
• Keep the ventilation opening(s) of the cylinder enclosure
clear from debris.
• DO NOT operate this barbeque under overhead
• DO NOT obstruct the flow of combustion and ventilation air
to the barbeque.
• DO NOT use in garages, sheds, breezeways, or other
• DO NOT store a spare L.P. (propane) cylinder under or
near your barbeque.
• DO NOT leave your barbeque unattended while in
• DO NOT allow children to operate or play near your
• DO NOT use while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• DO NOT install/use in or on recreational vehicles and/or
• DO NOT use charcoal or lava rock in your gas barbecue.
• NEVER lean over open grill or place hands or fingers on
the front edge of the cooking box.
• DO NOT modify for/or use with any size cylinder other
than an approved 20 lb cylinder
DO NOT USE CHARCOAL OR
CERAMIC BRIQUETS OR LAVA ROCKS
IN THIS GAS BARBEQUE, THEY ARE
IF THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS
ARE NOT FOLLOWED EXACTLY,
A FIRE CAUSING DEATH OR
SERIOUS INJURY MAY OCCUR.
DO NOT PUT GRILL IN STORAGE OR TRAVEL MODE
IMMEDIATELY AFTER USE. ALLOW GRILL TO
COOL TO THE TOUCH BEFORE MOVING OR
STORING. FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN
FIRE RESULTING IN PROPERTY DAMAGE,
PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.
GETTING FAMILIAR WITH YOUR BARBEQUE
• Liquid propane gas is not natural gas. The conversion or
attempted use of natural gas in a liquid propane unit or
liquid propane gas in a natural gas unit is dangerous and
will void your warranty.
• Use heat-resistant barbecue mitts or gloves when
• DO NOT use this barbecue unless all parts are in place.
The unit must be properly assembled according to the
• PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Handling the brass
material on this product exposes you to lead, a chemical
known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth
defects or other reproductive harm. (Wash hands after
handling this product.)
FAILURE TO ENSURE THE ABOVE MAY RESULT
IN A HAZARDOUS FIRE OR EXPLOSION
CAUSING SERIOUS BODILY INJURY
AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
DO NOT USE YOUR BARBEQUE UNTIL YOU HAVE
READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL THE
INFORMATION IN THIS MANUAL.
IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO BE SURE THAT:
BEFORE YOU USE THIS
• Ensure Your barbeque is properly assembled.
• Ensure there are no leaks in the gas supply system (see 'Leak
• Ensure the burner is properly assembled with the venturi
tubes seated over the valve outlets (Figure 1) and there are
no blockages present in the venturi tubes (see Cleaning
Venturi Tubes’ Section).
• Ensure all electrical supply cords and/or gas supply hoses are
kept away from all or any heated surfaces.
• Ensure your barbeque is positioned in a safe location (see
'Installation' section). Figure 2.
• Ensure valve outlets (orifices) are assembled 1 cm (3/8”) into
the venturi tubes.
• Check to see that the valve outlets and venturi tubes are
parallel to the bottom of the base casting of your appliance.