Need help? 1.800.762.1142
Do not return to place of purchase.
Installing LP Gas Tank
To operate you will need (1) precision-filled standard grill LP gas
tank (20#) with external valve threads.
WCAUTION: LP gas tank must be properly
disconnected and removed prior to moving this
Insert LP Gas Tank
Place precision filled LP gas tank upright into the notches in the right cart frame so the tank
valve is facing the gas line connection.
Secure LP Gas Tank
Secure tank by sliding tank retainer wire over shoulder of LP gas tank.
Connect LP Gas Tank
Before connecting, be sure that there is no debris caught in
the head of the LP gas tank, head of the regulator valve or
in the head of the burner and burner ports.
Connect regulator/hose assembly to tank by turning knob
clockwise until it stops.
Disconnect LP Gas Tank
Before disconnecting make sure the LP gas tank valve is
Disconnect regulator/hose assembly from LP gas tank by
turning knob counterclockwise until it is loose.
WCAUTION: LP gas tank must be properly
disconnected and removed prior to
moving this grill.
Place the protective cap cover on the LP tank and store
the tank outdoors in a well ventilated area out of direct
Getting More Propane
Need a tank of gas? One option is to try propane exchange. It’s easy, fast,
safe, and available at tens of thousands of conveniently located retail
outlets nationwide, which are typically open on nights and weekends. You
can purchase a fresh, precision-filled tank or exchange your empty for a
fresh, precision-filled tank. Another option is to have your tank refilled at a
refill station. Be sure to check the hours of operation for the refill station.
17.9 in. / 45.5 cm
12.2 in. / 31 cm
Checking for Leaks
1. Make sure the regulator valve and hose
connections are securely fastened to the burner
and the tank.
Visually check the connection between the burner
venturi pipe and orifice. Make sure the burner
venturi pipe fits over the orifice.
WWARNING: Failure to inspect this
connection or follow these instructions
could cause a fire or an explosion
which can cause death, serious bodily
injury or damage to property.
2. Please refer to diagram for proper installation
(Figures 1 and 2).
3. If the burner pipe does not rest flush to the orifice,
please contact 1.800.762.1142 for assistance.
Tank/Gas Line Connection
1. Make 2-3 oz. of leak solution by mixing one part
liquid dishwashing soap with three parts water.
2. Make sure control knobs are “ OFF” position
3. Connect LP gas tank per “Installing LP Gas Tank”
4. Turn LP gas tank valve to “OPEN.”
5. Spoon leak check solution at all “X” locations
(Figures 1, 2 and 4).
a. If any bubbles appear, turn LP gas tank valve
to “CLOSED”, reconnect and re-test.
b. If you continue to see bubbles after
several attempts, turn LP gas tank valve to
“CLOSED” and disconnect LP gas tank, per
“Disconnect LP Gas Tank” instructions, and
contact 1.800.762.1142 for assistance.
Operating Main Burners
1. Make sure all labels, packaging and protective
films have been removed from the grill.
2. Remove manufacturing oils before cooking on this
grill for the first time by operating the grill for at
least 15 minutes on (HIGH) with the lid closed.
This will “heat clean” the internal parts and
WCAUTION: Keep outdoor gas cooking
appliance area clear and free from
combustible materials, gasoline and
other flammable vapors and liquids.
WCAUTION: Do not obstruct the flow of
combustion and ventilation air.
WCAUTION: Check and clean burner/
venturi tubes for insects and insect
nests. A clogged tube can lead to a fire
beneath the grill.
WCAUTION: Attempting to light the
burner with the lid closed may cause an explosion.
1. Open lid.
2. Make sure there are no obstructions of airflow to the burners. Spiders and insects can nest
within and clog the burner/venturi tube at the orifice. A clogged burner tube can lead to a
fire beneath the appliance.
3. All control knobs must be in the “ OFF” position (Figure 3).
4. Connect LP gas tank per “Installing LP Gas Tank” section.
5. Turn LP gas tank valve to “OPEN.”
6. Select burner to light. Push and turn control knob to (HIGH). The burner should light.
Repeat up to three times.
7. If ignition does not occur in 5 seconds, turn burner control knob “ OFF,” wait 5 minutes,
and repeat lighting procedure.
8. If igniter does not light burner, use a lit match secured with the lighting rod provided to
light burners manually. Access the burners through the cooking grid and heat plates.
Position the lit match near side of the burner (Figure5).
Important: Always use the lighting rod provided when lighting burners with a match.
Back burner soft
LP Gas Valve
Connection Side Burner