At initial set up and at regular intervals we recommend to check for gas leakage.
Recommended procedure is as follows:
1. Connect the regulator and gas hose assembly and tighten all connectors and clamps.
2. Slowly open the cylinder valve.
3. Set the ow rate on the regulator to approximately 21-30cfh.
4. Close the cylinder valve and pay attention to the needle indicator of the contents pressure
gauge on the regulator, if the needle drops away towards zero there is a gas leak.
Sometimes a gas leak can be slow and to identify it will require leaving the gas pressure in the
regulator and line for an extended time period. In this situation it is recommended to open the
cylinder valve, set the ow rate to 21-30cfh, close the cylinder valve and check after a
minimum of 15 minutes.
5. If there is a gas loss then check all connectors and clamps for leakage by brushing or spraying
with soapy water, bubbles will appear at the leakage point.
6. Tighten clamps or ttings to eliminate gas leakage.
Important: We strongly recommend that you check for gas leakage prior to operation of your ma-
chine. We recommend that you close the cylinder valve when the machine is not in use. Jasic Technolo-
gies America, authorized representatives or agents of
Jasic Technologies will not be liable or responsible for the loss of any gas.
ATTENTION! - CHECK FOR GAS LEAKS
8: Arc dicult to start or will not start DC welding
Possible Reason Suggested Remedy
Incorrect machine set up Check machine set up is correct
No gas, incorrect gas ow Check the gas is connected and cylinder valve open, check hoses, gas valve and torch are not
restricted. Set the gas ow between 21-30cfh ow rate
Tungsten is contaminated Remove 10mm of contaminated tungsten and re grind the tungsten
Incorrect tungsten size and or tungsten
Check and change the size and or the tungsten if required
Loose connection Check all connectors and tighten
Earth clamp not connected to work Connect the earth clamp directly to the work piece wherever possible
continued- TIG WELDING TROUBLE SHOOTING