Continued set up of the Spool Gun with RAZOR 250K
(9) Carefully feed the wire over the drive roller into the outlet guide tube, feed through into the torch neck.
Check that the drive roller being used complies with the wire diameter, replace the roller if necessary.
(10) Align the wire into the groove of the drive roller and release the tension arm making sure the wire is
in the groove of the drive roller.
(11) Apply a medium amount of pressure to the drive roller by winding in the tension adjusting knob.
(12) Remove the gas nozzle and contact tip from the torch neck, Pull the trigger to drive the wire through
the neck until it exits the contact tip holder
(13) Fit the correct sized contact tip and feed the wire through it, screw the contact tip into the tip holder of
the torch neck and nip it up tightly.
(14) Fit the gas nozzle to the torch head and close the wire spool cover.
(15) Carefully open the gas cylinder valve and set the ow rate to between 21-30cfh.
(16) Set the welding parameters using the wire feed and voltage control knobs.
(17) Using the Burn Back control set the amount of wire to ‘burn back’ after you release the torch
trigger. This prevents the wire becoming stuck in the weld pool when nishing the weld.
(9) Carefully feed the wire through the inlet
guide tube onto the drive roller through into
the outlet guide tube. Squeezing the tension
arm adjustment knob to release the pressure of
the tension arm will allow the wire to be guided
through the drive roller easily
(10) Check to make sure that the wire passes
cleanly through the drive roller into the outlet
(13) Fit the contact tip over the wire and screw it
into the tip holder, nip it up tight.
(14) Fit the gas nozzle and close the wire feed
(12) Remove the gas nozzle and contact tip. Pull
the trigger to drive the wire through the neck
until it exits the contact tip holder
(11) Apply a medium amount of pressure using
the tension arm adjustment knob.
(17) Adjust the burn back control to prevent the
wire sticking in the weld pool. Burn back control
is located above the wire feed motor
(16) Set welding parameters using the
voltage and wire feed controls.
(15) Carefully open the valve of the gas
cylinder, set the ow to 6-10 l/min