44 Using the projector
Controlling the projector through a Wired
Wired LAN allows you to manage the projector from a computer using a web browser when the
computer and the projector are properly connected to the same local area network.
Configuring the Wired LAN
If you are in a DHCP environment:
1. Take a RJ45 cable and connect one end to the RJ45 LAN input jack of the projector and the other end
to the RJ45 port.
When connecting the RJ45 cable, avoid coiling and intertwining the cable as it may cause signal noise or
2. Press MENU/EXIT and then press / until the System Setup: Advanced menu is highlighted.
3. Press to highlight Network Settings and press MODE/ENTER. The Network Settings page
4. Press to highlight Wired LAN and press MODE/ENTER. The Wired LAN page is displayed.
5. Press to highlight DHCP and press / to select On.
6. Press to highlight Apply and press MODE/ENTER.
7. Go back to System Setup: Advanced > Network Settings page.
8. Press to highlight AMX Device Discovery and press / to select On or Off. When AMX
Device Discovery is On, the projector can be detected by AMX controller.
9. Please wait for around 15 - 20 seconds, and then re-enter the Wired LAN page.
10. The IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Server settings will be displayed.
Note down the IP address displayed in the IP Address row.
If the IP Address still does not display, contact your ITS administrator.
If you are in a non-DHCP environment:
1. Repeat steps 1-4 above.
2. Press to highlight DHCP and press / to select Off.
3. Contact your ITS administrator for information on the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default
Gateway, and DNS Server settings.
4. Press to select the item you want to modify and press MODE/ENTER.
5. Press / to move the cursor and then press / to enter the value.
6. To save the setting, press MODE/ENTER. If you do not want to save the setting, press MENU/
7. Press MENU/EXIT to return to Network Settings page, press to highlight AMX Device
Discovery and press / to select On or Off.
8. Press MENU/EXIT to exit the menu.