38 Using the projector
Selecting the aspect ratio
The "aspect ratio" is the ratio of the image width to the image height. The default for this projector is
16:10 while digital TV and Blu-ray discs are usually in 16:9 ratio, and most analog TV signals and DVDs are
in 4:3 ratio.
With the advent of digital signal processing, digital display devices like this projector can dynamically
stretch and scale the image output to a different aspect than that of the image input source. Images can
be stretched in a linear manner so the whole of the image is stretched equally, or non-linearly, which
distorts the image.
To change the projected picture ratio (no matter what aspect the
• Using the remote control button
1. Press ASPECT to show the current setting.
2. Press ASPECT repeatedly to select an aspect ratio to suit the format of the
video signal and your display requirements.
• Using the OSD menu
1. Press MENU/EXIT and then press / until the Display menu is highlighted.
2. Press to highlight Aspect Ratio.
3. Press / to select an aspect ratio to suit the format of the video signal and your display