Operating Instructions (continued)
Operating Infrared Back Burner
1. Make sure all labels, packaging and protective films have been removed from the grill.
2. Remove manufacturing oils before cooking on this grill for the first time by operating the grill for at least 15 minutes on (HIGH) with the lid closed. This will “heat clean” the internal parts and
WCAUTION: Keep outdoor gas cooking appliance area clear and free from combustible materials, gasoline and other flammable vapors and liquids.
WCAUTION: Do NOT obstruct the flow of combustion and ventilation air.
WCAUTION: Check and clean burner/venturi tubes for insects and insect nests. A clogged tube can lead to a fire.
WCAUTION: Attempting to light the burner with the lid closed may cause an explosion.
1. Open lid.
2. Check for obstructions of airflow to the burners. Spiders, insects and webs can clog the burner/venturi tube. A clogged burner tube can lead to a fire.
3. All control knobs must be in the • (OFF) position (Figure 3).
4. Connect gas cylinder per “Installing Gas Cylinder” section.
5. To turn regulator ON, turn the regulator valve handle clockwise into the the “ON” position. (Figure D)
WCAUTION: If you are unable to turn the regulator handle to the “ON” position, your regulator is not properly connected. Do not force the handle to
open. Remove the regualtor and repeat “Connect Gas Cylinder” section.
6. Push and turn any control knob to (HIGH). The burner should light. If it does not, repeat up to three times.
Note: Infrared burner should turn red after 2 to 3 minutes.
7. If ignition does not occur in 5 seconds, turn burner control knob • (OFF), wait 5 minutes, and repeat lighting procedure.
8. If igniter does not light burner, use a lit match secured with the lighting rod (included with grill) to light burners. Access the burners through the cooking grid and heat plates. Position lit match
near side of burner (Figure 8).
Important: Always use the lighting rod (included) when lighting burners with a match.
WCAUTION: If burner flame goes out during operation, immediately turn the control knobs to the • (OFF) position, turn gas cylinder valve “OFF” and
open lid to let the gas clear for 5 minutes before re-lighting.
1. Turn the regulator valve handle counterclockwise into the the “OFF” position. (Figure C).
2. Turn all control knobs clockwise to the • (OFF) position.
Note: A “poof” sound is normal as the last of the gas is burned.
3. Disconnect gas cylinder per “Disconnecting Gas Cylinder” section.
WWARNING: Basic safety precautions should always be used, including the following:
1. Most grill surfaces and accessories are hot during and after cooking. Use caution around grill. Wear a flame retardant BBQ mitt.
2. Do NOT use accessory attachments on the rotisserie that were not supplied by the manufacturer. This may cause injuries. Do NOT use this
appliance for other than intended use.
3. Never cover bottom of your grill bowl with aluminum foil, sand or any grease absorbent substances.
4. Should a grease fire occur, turn burners to • (OFF) position and turn the regulator valve clockwise into the the “OFF” position. Close lid until fire is out.
5. Do NOT let children operate grill or rotisserie. Do NOT let children play nearby.
6. Allow to cool before adding or removing parts.
7. When rotisserie is cooking, place a drip pan under the food to be cooked. This will capture the drippings and keep grill clean of excess grease, which could cause a fire. Use
caution when moving a drip pan containing hot oils.
8. This rotisserie is for outdoor use only and with this grill only.
WCAUTION: If burner flame goes out during operation, immediately turn the gas “OFF” and open lid to let the gas clear for about 5 minutes before re-
WWARNING: Install batteries correctly observing the +/- polarity signs.
WWARNING: Remove exhausted batteries and batteries not used for extended periods.
WWARNING: Store unused batteries in their pack, away from metal objects that may cause a short circuit.
WWARNING: Only recharge rechargeable batteries. Do not open or dispose of batteries in fire as they may explode.
WWARNING: Batteries should only be replaced by a responsible adult.
WWARNING: Do not mix old and new batteries
WWARNING: Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (ni-cad, ni-mh, etc.) batteries
WWARNING: When rotisserie motor is not in use, remove and store in a dry indoor area.
WWARNING: OUTDOOR USE ONLY. DO NOT EXPOSE TO RAIN.
1. Attach rotisserie motor per “Assembly Instructions – Rotisserie” section.
2. Attach rotisserie counterweight and handle to rotisserie rod (Figure 9).
3. Slide one rotisserie fork onto rod (Figure 10).
4. Push rotisserie rod through the middle of the meat and evenly attach to the prongs of the rotisserie fork (Figure 11).
5. Attach second rotisserie fork onto rod and insert prongs into meat. Tighten rotisserie forks (Figure 12).
6. Insert rotisserie rod into motor and place other end of rod into grooves on bottom bowl (Figures 13 and 14).
7. Turn rotisserie motor “ON” to test meat placement.
Note: Heavy side of meat should rotate down towards the bottom bowl. Adjust counterweight if needed for a proper balance. If meat still does not rotate properly, remove meat and remount
for a proper balance.
8. Light grill per “Operating Infrared Back Burner” lighting instructions.
Note: Cooking grid can be removed if necessary.
9. Keep lid closed during cooking.
Replacing the batteries (See “Assembly Instructions – Rotisserie” Step 2)
1. Remove rotisserie box back cover.
2. Replace D batteries (2).
3. Replace rotisserie box back cover.