Playback through the earphones
You can connect the earphones to the voice
recorder’s EAR jack and listen to playback
1 Connect the earphones to the
To EAR jack
2 Press the `
button to start
• There will be no sound from the
speaker when the earphones are
• To avoid unpleasantly loud sound, set
the volume to  before plugging in
• Avoid excessive volume when listening
to playback through the earphones.
It may cause hearing damage or loss.
Fast-forwarding is not available for DAISY
contents and text files.
Fast-forwarding while the voice
recorder is in stop mode
1 While the voice recorder is in stop
mode, press and hold the 9
• [ ] appears in the display.
• Fast-forwarding stops when you
release the 9 button. Press the
`OK button to start playback from the
Fast-forwarding during playback
1 Press and hold the 9 button
• Playback starts from the current
position when you release the 9
• If an index mark or temp mark in the
file is reached, fast-forwarding stops at
the mark (☞ P.53).
• Fast-forwarding stops when the end
of the file is reached. Press and hold
the 9 button again to fast-forward
from the beginning of the next file.