Sound files recorded with the voice
recorder are automatically given a file
name in the format below.
1 Date recorded
Indicates the year, month and day the
recording was made.
2 File number
Appended file numbers are
consecutive regardless of whether the
recording media has been switched.
A file extension indicating the
recording format the file was recorded
in by the voice recorder.
• Linear PCM format: “.WAV”
• MP3 format: “.MP3”
• WMA format: “.WMA”
• [Rec Mode] must be set with the voice
recorder stopped (☞P.70).
• Pressing the REC ( s) button while
[Recorder] is selected on the [Home]
screen will allow you to start recording.
The recorded file will be saved to
• You can adjust the recording level
manually to match your application
• To prevent the beginning of the
recording being cut off, start recording
after the LED indicator light has lit or
mode indicator has appeared in the
• When the remaining possible recording
time is 60 seconds, the LED indicator
light starts flashing. It flashes more
rapidly as the remaining time decreases
(at the 30- and 10-second points).
• When [Folder full] appears, no more
recording can be done. To record more,
you will need to select a different folder
or delete unneeded files (☞P.56).
• If [Memory full] appears, the voice
recorder has no more available
memory space. You will need to
delete unneeded files to record more
• When using an SD card in the voice
recorder, be sure the desired recording
media setting ([Internal memory]
or [SD card]) has been selected
• If a folder other than folders & to * is
selected when the REC ( s) button is
pressed, the blinking message [Cannot
record in this folder] appears. Redo
the recording operation after selecting
one of folders & to *.
• It’s recommended to initialize the
recording media before making an
• Processing performance may
be reduced when data has been
repeatedly written to or deleted from
the recording media. Please initialize
the recording media in this case