Charging the battery by connecting to a PC’s USB connector
4 Press the 2 or 3 button to select
5 Press the `
button to start
6 Charging is finished when
• The power of PC must be ON to charge
the battery using the USB connector.
You cannot charge the battery when
the power of PC is OFF, or the PC is
in standby, sleep or auto power OFF
• Do not use a USB hub when charging
the battery by connecting to the PC.
• When [ ]*1 or [ ]*2 is displayed the
battery cannot be charged. Charge the
battery in an ambient temperature of
between 5 and 35°C (41 and 95°F).
*1 : Ambient temperature is too
*2 [ ]: Ambient temperature is too
• If battery life has become noticeably
short on a full charge, replace the
battery with a new one.
• Insert the USB connector securely all
the way. Operation will not be normal if
the connection is not made properly.
• Use only a compatible Olympus USB
extension cable. Operation is not
guaranteed if another manufacturer’s
cable is used. Only use the Olympus
USB extension cable with the voice
recorder and never use if a product
from another manufacturer is used.
• Selecting [AC Adapter] when the AC
adapter is connected will enable you to
charge the battery with [USB Settings]
set to [Composite] (☞ P.83).