Before you connect the recorder to your PC and use it, you must first install the “Olympus
Sonority” software from the included Software CD.
Be sure to confirm the following before installation:
• Exit all running applications.
• You need to log on as Administrator.
1 Insert “Olympus Sonority” into
the CD drive.
• The installation program will start
automatically. Once the program
starts, go to step 4. If it does not, follow
the procedures in steps 2 and 3.
2 Open the contents of the CD with
3 Double-click [
] in the root
of the CD.
• The “Olympus Sonority” launch screen
4 Click on the language you want
5 Click [
Olympus Sonority Setup
• The Installer will open. Follow the
Installer Wizard instructions.
6 Accept the terms of the Licensing
• You must accept the terms of the
Licensing Agreement to install
“Olympus Sonority”. After checking the
[Agree] box, click [Next].
7 Register the User Registration
• Please enter your name, company
name and the serial number listed on
the separate sheet. Click [Next] after
8 Select the software setup type.
• The installation destination can be
changed. Click [Next] if you do not
want to change it (Select [Custom] if
you want to change).
9 Click [
] to start the
• Do not carry out other operations
before the installation is completed
and the [Complete] screen is
• When the installation is completed,
the [Install Shield] screen will be
• To connect the recorder to a PC, See
“Connecting the voice recorder to a
PC” (☞ P.110) for the procedure.