Connecting the voice recorder to a
• The voice recorder must not be in
• Insert the USB connector securely all
the way. Operation will not be normal if
the connection is not made properly.
• Connecting the voice recorder through
a USB hub may result in unstable
operation. Do not use a USB hub if
operation is unstable.
• Use only a compatible Olympus USB
extension cable. Operation is not
guaranteed if another manufacturer’s
cable is used. Also, never use this
dedicated cable with any other
• When transferring data to a PC, set
the Wi-Fi ON/OFF switch to OFF. If
the Wi-Fi ON/OFF switch is set to ON,
the recorder will not be recognized by
Disconnecting the voice recorder
from a PC
1 Click [ ] on the task bar in the
lower right hand corner of the
screen and click [
USB Mass Storage Device
• The letter used to identify the drive
will vary according to your PC.
• When the window indicating it is safe
to remove hardware appears, close the
2 Check that the LED indicator light
of the voice recorder is OFF and
then disconnect the USB cable.