Problem: No image appears on the screen
1. Verify the settings on your notebook or desktop PC.
2. Turn off all equipment and power up again in the correct order.
Problem: The image is blurred
1. Adjust the Focus on the projector .
3. Press the AUTO SYNC button on the remote control or projector.
5. Check that the projector lens is clean.
6. Remove the lens cover.
Problem: The image is wider at the top or bottom (trapezoid effect)
1. Position the projector so it is as perpendicular to the screen as possible.
2. Use the Keystone button on the remote control to correct the problem.
Problem: The image is reversed or upside down
Check the Ceiling & Rear setting on the Setting menu of the OSD.
Problem: The image is streaked
1. Adjust the Phase and Clock on the Signal menu of the OSD to the default settings.
2. To ensure the problem is not caused by a connected PC’s video card, connect to another
1. Adjust the Contrast setting on the Picture menu of the OSD.
2. Adjust the Brightness setting on the Picture menu of the OSD.
Problem: The color of the projected image does not match the source image.
Adjust the Color temperature and Picture settings.
Problem: There is no light from the projector
1. Check that the power cable is securely connected.
2. Ensure the power source is good by testing with another electrical device.
3. Restart the projector in the correct order and check that the Power LED is green.
4. If you have replaced the lamp recently, try resetting the lamp connections.
5. Replace the lamp module.
6. Remove the lens cap.
7. Put the old lamp back in the projector and have the projector serviced.
Problem: The lamp goes off
8. Power surges can cause the lamp to turn off. Press the power button twice to turn off the
projector. When the Power LED is orange, press the power button.
9. Replace the lamp module.
10. Put the old lamp back in the projector and have the projector serviced.