If you forget the password
If the password function is activated, you will be asked
to enter the six-digit password every time you turn on
the projector. If you enter the wrong password, the
password error message as pictured to the right is
displayed lasting for 3 seconds, and the INPUT
PASSWORD message follows. You can retry by entering
another six-digit password, or if you did not record the
password in this manual, and you absolutely do not remember it, you can use the password
recall procedure. See "Entering the password recall procedure" on page 26 for details.
If you enter an incorrect password 5 times in succession, the projector will automatically
shut down in a short time.
Entering the password recall procedure
1. Press and hold AUTO on the projector or
remote control for 3 seconds. The projector
will display a coded number on the screen.
2. Write down the number and turn off your
3. Seek help from the local BenQ service
center to decode the number. You may be
required to provide proof of purchase
documentation to verify that you are an
authorized user of the projector.
Changing the password
1. Open the OSD menu and go to the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced> Security Settings >
Change Password menu.
2. Press MODE/ENTER. The message “INPUT CURRENT PASSWORD” appears.
3. Enter the old password.
i. If the password is correct, another message “INPUT NEW PASSWORD” is
ii. If the password is incorrect, the password error message is displayed lasting for
three seconds, and the message “INPUT CURRENT PASSWORD” is displayed for
your retry. You can press MENU/EXIT to cancel the change or try another
4. Enter a new password.
IMPORTANT: The digits being input will be displayed as asterisks on-screen. Write your
selected password down here in this manual in advance or right after the password is entered
so that it is available to you should you ever forget it.
Password: __ __ __ __ __ __
Keep this manual in a safe place.
5. Confirm the new password by re-entering the new password.
6. You have successfully assigned a new password to the projector. Remember to enter the
new password next time the projector is started.
7. To leave the OSD menu, press MENU/EXIT.
Please try again.
Please write down the recall code,
and contact BenQ
Recall Code: 0 2 1 2