Gas Regulator (continued)
Operation of Excess Flow Check Device
The regulator can be fitted with a safety device designed to automatically limit the gas escape in case of gas leak, which prevents the gas from reaching the grill. The marking “excess flow” on the
regulator identification label means that the regulator is provided with this option.
The “excess flow device” is likely to activate under the following condition.
WThe regulator is NEVER to be left on the
cylinder without its being connected to
the grill, as the tear-off proof safety is not
designed to ensure the operation of the
• Normal operating conditions.
Consumption of the gas fired appliance is higher that the regulator flow capacity. In such case, you should contact your
• In case of pipe being torn off, proceed as follows:
1. Disconnect the regulator per the “Disconnect Gas Cylinder” section.
2. Re-fit the hose correctly.
3. Connect the regulator per the “Connect Gas Cylinder” section.
4. Turn the regulator valve to the “ON” position.
5. Wait a few seconds (20 seconds) before restarting the system.
Checking for Leaks
1. Make sure the regulator hose and valve connections are securely fastened to the burner and the tank.
2. Visually check the connection between the burner/venturi tube and orifice.
3. Make sure the burner/venturi tube fits over the orifice.
WWARNING: Failure to inspect this connection or follow these instructions could cause a fire or an
explosion which can cause death, serious bodily injury or damage to property.
4. Please refer to diagram for proper installation (Figures 1 and 2).
5. If the burner/venturi tube does not rest flush to the orifice, as shown, please contact 0800 9520101 for assistance.
Tank/Gas Line Connection
1. Make 2-3 oz. of leak detection solution by mixing one part liquid dishwashing soap with three parts water.
2. Make sure control knobs are in the • (OFF) position (Figure 3).
3. Connect gas tank per “Installing Gas Cylinder” section.
4. To turn regulator ON, turn the regulator valve handle clockwise into the the “ON” position.
5. Spoon several drops of solution, or use a squirt bottle, at all “X” locations (Figures 1, 2 and 4).
a. If any bubbles appear, turn the regulator valve handle counterclockwise into the the “OFF” position.
b. If you continue to see bubbles after several attempts, turn gas cylinder valve to “OFF” and disconnect gas cylinder, per
“Disconnect Gas Cylinder” section. Contact 0800 9520101 for assistance.
c. If no bubbles appear after one minute, turn gas cylinder valve to “CLOSED,” wipe away solution and proceed.
Operating Main Burners
1. Make sure all labels, packaging and protective films have been removed from the grill.
2. Remove manufacturing oils before cooking on this grill for the first time by operating the grill for at least 15 minutes on (HIGH) with
the lid closed. This will “heat clean” the internal parts and dissipate odors.
WCAUTION: Keep outdoor gas cooking appliance area clear and free from combustible materials,
gasoline and other flammable vapors and liquids.
WCAUTION: Do NOT obstruct the flow of combustion and ventilation air.
WCAUTION: Check and clean burner/venturi tubes for insects and insect nests. A clogged tube can lead
to a fire.
WCAUTION: Attempting to light the burner with the lid closed may cause an explosion.
1. Open lid.
2. Check for obstructions of airflow to the burners. Spiders, insects and webs can clog the burner/venturi tube. A clogged burner tube
can lead to a fire.
3. All control knobs must be in the • (OFF) position (Figure 3).
4. Connect gas cylinder per “Installing Gas cylinder” section.
5. To turn regulator ON, turn the regulator valve handle clockwise into the the “ON” position. (Figure D)
WCAUTION: If you are unable to turn the regulator handle to the “ON” position, your regulator is not
properly connected. Do not force the handle to open. Remove the regualtor and repeat “Connect Gas
6. Push and turn any control knob to (HIGH). The burner should light. If it does not, repeat up to three times.
7. If ignition does not occur in 5 seconds, turn burner control knob • (OFF), wait 5 minutes, and repeat lighting procedure.
8. If igniter does not light burner, use a lit match secured with the lighting rod (included with grill) to light burners. Access the burners
through the cooking grid and heat plates. Position lit match near side of burner (Figure 5).
Important: Always use the lighting rod (included) when lighting burners with a match.
9. After lighting, observe the burner flame. Make sure all burner ports are lit and flame height matches illustration (Figure 6).
Note: Each burner lights independently - repeat steps 5-9 for the other burners.
Figure 1: Main Burners
Figure 2: Side Burner
Valve Soft Pipe
LP Gas Valve
WIf burner flame goes out during operation,
immediately turn the control knobs to the •
Gas cylinder valve “OFF” and open lid to let the
gas clear for 5 minutes before re-lighting.
To guarantee a proper operation of the excess flow device, the pipe that supplies gas to the consuming appliance shall be no more than 1.5 meters in length.