7Owner’s manual: model SG380-2 outdoor gas grill 11/12/02
Contact 1-800-762-1142 for assistance.
Do not return to place of purchase.
To prevent fire or explosion hazard when testing for a leak:
1. Always perform “leak test” before lighting the grill, each time the
cylinder is connected for use.
2. No smoking. Do not use or permit sources of ignition in the area
while conducting a leak test.
3. Conduct the leak test outdoors in a well-ventilated area.
4. Do not use matches, lighters, or a flame to check for leaks.
5. Do not use grill until any and all leaks are corrected. If you are
unable to stop a leak, disconnect the propane supply. Call a gas
appliance serviceman or your local propane gas supplier.
Caution: Liquid propane (LP) gas is flammable and hazardous if
handled improperly. Become aware of the characteristics before
using any LP product.
• LP Characteristics: Flammable, explosive under pressure, heavier than
air, and settles and pools in low areas.
• In its natural state propane has no odor. For your safety, an odorant is
added that smells like rotten cabbage.
• Contact with LP can cause freeze burns to skin.
• This grill is shipped from the factory for LP gas use Only.
• Never use an LP cylinder with a damaged body, valve, collar, or footing.
• Dented or rusted LP cylinders may be hazardous and should be
checked by your LP gas supplier
Caution: It is essential to keep the grill’s valve compartment,
burners, and circulating air passages clean. Inspect grill before
1. Do not touch metal parts of
grill until it has completely
cooled (about 45 min.) to
avoid burns, unless you
are wearing protective gear
(potholders, gloves, BBQ
2. Do not use in an explosive
atmosphere. Keep grill
area clear and free from
gasoline and other flammable
vapors and liquids.
3. Do not alter grill in any
4. Clean and inspect the
hose before each use of
the appliance. If there is
evidence of abrasion, wear,
cuts, or leaks, the hose
must be replaced prior
to the appliance being
put into operation. The
replacement hose assembly
shall be that specified by the
5. Move gas hoses as far away
as possible from hot surfaces
and dripping hot grease.
6. Never keep a filled container
in a hot car or car trunk. Heat
will cause the gas pressure to
increase, which may open the
relief valve and allow gas to