Installation set up for MIG with Gas for UNI-MIG MIG180
(1) Plug Primary power supply cable into 15amp power outlet.
(2) Select Standard MIG using the Standard/Spool Gun selector switch.
(3) Plug the welding torch into the Euro Mig torch connection socket on the front panel, and tighten it.
IMPORTANT : When connecting the torch be sure to tighten the connection. A loose connection can
result in the connector arcing and damaging the machine and gun connector.
This damage is not covered under warranty.
(4) Connect earth lead to the workpiece.
(5) Connect Gas Line to Gas Regulator and connect the gas regulator to the Gas Cylinder.
(6) Connect the weld power cable plug inside the wire feeder to the output socket GAS, and tighten it.
(7) Place the Wire Spool onto the Spool Holder - Note: the spool retaining nut is Left Hand thread.
Snip the wire from the spool being sure to hold the wire to prevent rapid uncoiling. Feed the wire into
the wire feeder inlet guide tube through to the drive roller.
(8) Carefully feed the wire over the drive roller into the outlet guide tube, feed through about 150mm into
the torch receptacle. Check that the drive roller being used complies with the wire diameter, replace the
roller if necessary.
(2) Set Standard/Spoolgun
selector switch to Standard
(3) Connect Mig torch
(5) Connect the gas line to the regulator
and connect to the gas cylinder
IMPORTANT : When connecting the torch
be sure to tighten the connection.
(4) Connect earth lead to
(7) Place wire onto spool holder - (spool
retaining nut is left hand thread ) Feed the wire
through the inlet guide tube on to the drive
(6) Connect weld power lead to GAS
as show in picture inside machine
(8) Feed wire over the drive roller into the outlet
guide tube, Push the wire through approx
(1) Plug Primary power supply cable
into 15amp power outlet.