Choosing a focal length (Micro Four Thirds/Four Thirds System lenses excluded)
Use focal length information to reduce camera shake when shooting with lenses that are not
Micro Four Thirds or Four Thirds system lenses.
• Select [Image Stabilizer], press the INFO button, use HI to select a focal length, and
• Choose a focal length between 8 mm and 1000 mm.
• Choose the value that most closely matches to the one that is printed on the lens.
• The image stabilizer cannot correct excessive camera shake or camera shake that occurs
when the shutter speed is set to the slowest speed. In these cases, it is recommended
that you use a tripod.
• When using a tripod, set [Image Stabilizer] to [OFF].
• When using a lens with an image stabilization function switch, priority is given to the lens
• When priority is being given to the lens side image stabilization and the camera side is set
to [S-IS AUTO], [S-IS1] is used instead of [S-IS AUTO].
• You may notice an operating sound or vibration when the image stabilizer is activated.
When using a lens with the image stabilization switch
Set the image stabilizer of the camera and the image stabilization switch of the lens. When
you do not use the image stabilizer, set both of the functions on the camera and the lens to
Sequential shooting/using the self timer
Keep the shutter button pressed all the way down to take a series of photos.
Alternatively, you can take pictures using the self timer.
Press the jY button (G) to display the sequential shooting/self timer
• You can also set by pressing the z button to display the live control, and selecting
j/Y (sequential shooting/self timer) item using FG.
• You can also set from [j/Y] in X Shooting Menu 2.
S-IS AUTOS-IS AUTO
Select an option with HI and press the z button.
Shoots 1 frame at a time when the shutter button is pressed
(normal shooting mode, single-frame shooting).
Photographs are taken at about 7.1 frames per second (fps) while
the shutter button is pressed all the way down. Focus, exposure,
and white balance are ﬁ xed at the values for the ﬁ rst shot in each
Photographs are taken at about 3.7 frames per second (fps)
while the shutter button is pressed all the way down. Focus and
exposure are ﬁ xed according to the options selected for [AF
Mode] (P. 49 ) and [AEL/AFL] (P. 97 ).