Face priority AF/pupil detection AF
The camera detects faces and adjusts focus and digital ESP.
Press the P button (H) to display the AF target.
Press the INFO button.
• You can change the AF target selection method.
Use HI to select an option and press z.
NFace Priority Off Face priority off.
IFace Priority On Face priority on.
KFace & Eye Priority On The autofocus system selects the pupil of the eye
closest to the camera for face-priority AF.
LFace & R. Eye Priority On The autofocus system selects the pupil of the eye on
the right for face-priority AF.
MFace & L. Eye Priority On The autofocus system selects the pupil of the eye on
the left for face-priority AF.
Point the camera at your subject.
• If a face is detected, it will be indicated by a white
Press the shutter button halfway to focus.
• When the camera focuses on the face in the white
border, the border will turn green.
• If the camera is able to detect the subject’s eyes, it will
display a green frame over the selected eye.
(pupil detection AF)
Press the shutter button the rest of the way down to
• Face priority applies only to the ﬁ rst shot in each sequence taken during sequential
• Pupil detection is not available in [C-AF].
• Depending on the subject and the art ﬁ lter setting, the camera may not be able to correctly
detect the face.
• When set to [p (Digital ESP metering)], metering is performed with priority given to
• Face priority is also available in [MF]. Faces detected by the camera are indicated by