You can record movies when the mode dial is on any mode except J (PHOTO
Press the R button to begin recording.
• You can change the focus location by touching the screen while recording.
4 2 mm
Press the R button again to end recording.
• When using a camera with a CMOS image sensor, moving objects may appear distorted
due to the rolling shutter phenomenon. This is a physical phenomenon whereby distortion
occurs in the ﬁ lmed image when shooting a fast-moving subject or due to camera shaking.
In particular, this phenomenon becomes more noticeable when using a long focal length.
• If the camera is used for extended periods, the temperature of the image pickup device
will rise and noise and colored fog may appear in images. Turn off the camera for a short
time. Noise and colored fog may also appear in images recorded at high ISO sensitivity
settings. If the temperature rises further, the camera will turn off automatically.
• When using a Four Thirds system lens, the AF will not operate while recording movies.
• The R button cannot be used to record movies in the following instances:
Multiple exposure (still photography also ends.)/shutter button pressed halfway/during
bulb, time or composite photography/sequential shooting/Panorama/SCN mode
(e-Portrait, Hand-Held Starlight, 3D)/time lapse shooting