Rotate the mode dial to ART.
• A menu of art ﬁ lters will be displayed. Select a ﬁ lter
using the control dial (
. You can also select
ﬁ lters using touch screen operations.
• Use FG to choose an effect. The effects available
vary with the selected ﬁ lter (soft focus, pin-hole, frames,
white edges, starlight, ﬁ lter, tone, blur, or shade effect).
• Press z or press the shutter button halfway to select
the highlighted item and exit the art ﬁ lter menu.
• To choose a different setting, press z or tap the ART
icon to display the art ﬁ lter menu.
• To maximize the beneﬁ ts of the art ﬁ lters, some of the shooting function settings are
• If [RAW] is currently selected for image quality, image quality will automatically be set to
[YN+RAW]. The art ﬁ lter will be applied to the JPEG copy only.
• Depending on the subject, tone transitions may be ragged, the effect may be less
noticeable, or the image may become more “grainy.”
• Some effects may not be visible in live view or during movie recording.
• Playback may differ according to the ﬁ lters, effects, or movie quality settings applied.
Setting and taking partial color images
You can create images that extract only the colors that you
selected using the color ring.
Rotate the control dial (P) to select a color to extract. The
effects will be displayed in live view.