Shooting in scene mode (SCN)
Select a scene according to the subject.
Rotate the mode dial to SCN.
• A menu of scene menu will be displayed. Select a scene
using the arrow pad (FG). You can also select scenes
using touch screen operations.
• On the scene menu screen, press I to display details
of the scene mode on the camera monitor.
• Press z or press the shutter button halfway to select
the highlighted item and exit the scene menu. Portrait
Types of sce ne m odes
Low Key gBeach & Snow
LLandscape q DIS Mode fn Fisheye Effect
Macro wn Wide-Angle
Sport rNature Macro mn Macro
Hand-Held Starlight QCandle T3D Photo
GNight Scene RSunset JPanning
Children sPanorama (P. 25 )
• To choose a different setting, press z to display the scene menu.
• To maximize the beneﬁ ts of the scene modes, some of the shooting function settings are
• In [e-Portrait] mode, two images are recorded: an unmodiﬁ ed image and a second
image to which [e-Portrait] effects have been applied. Recording may take some time. In
addition, when the image quality mode is [RAW], the image is recorded in RAW+JPEG.
• [n Fisheye Effect], [n Wide-Angle], and [n Macro] are for use with optional converter
• Movies cannot be recorded in [e-Portrait], [Hand-Held Starlight], [Panorama], or [3D
• In [Hand-Held Starlight], 8 frames are shot at one time and then combined. When the
image quality mode is [RAW], a JPEG image is combined with the ﬁ rst RAW image and
recorded in RAW+JPEG.