Adjust the focus.
• Display the subject in the center of the monitor, and lightly press the shutter button
down to the ﬁ rst position (press the shutter button halfway).
The AF conﬁ rmation mark (() will be displayed, and a green frame (AF target) will
be displayed in the focus location.
250250 F5.6 01:02:03
2 8 mm
Press the shutter
AF conﬁ rmation mark
• If the AF conﬁ rmation mark blinks, the subject is not in focus. (P. 134 )
Release the shutter.
• Press the shutter button all the way (fully).
• The shutter sounds and the picture is taken.
• The shot image will be displayed on the monitor.
• You can focus and take pictures using touch controls. g“Shooting with touch screen
operations” (P. 35)
Pressing the shutter button halfway and all the way down
The shutter button has two positions. The act of lightly pressing the shutter button to the
ﬁ rst position and holding it there is called “pressing the shutter button halfway,” that of
pressing it all the way down to the second position “pressing the shutter button all (or the
rest of) the way down.”
Press the rest of
the way down