• Accidentally being injured by the
moving parts of the camera.
• Should you notice that the charger is
emitting smoke, heat, or an unusual noise
or smell, immediately cease use and
unplug the charger from the power outlet,
and then contact an authorized distributor
or service center.
• Stop using the camera immediately if
you notice any unusual odors, noise, or
smoke around it.
• Never remove the batteries with bare
hands, which may cause a ﬁ re or burn
• Never hold or operate the camera with wet
This may cause overheating, exploding,
burning, electrical shocks, or malfunctions.
• Do not leave the camera in places where
it may be subject to extremely high
• Doing so may cause parts to deteriorate
and, in some circumstances, cause
the camera to catch ﬁ re. Do not use
the charger if it is covered (such as a
blanket). This could cause overheating,
resulting in ﬁ re.
• Handle the camera with care to avoid
getting a low temperature burn.
• When the camera contains metal
parts, overheating can result in a low-
temperature burn. Pay attention to the
• When used for a long period, the
camera will get hot. If you hold on
to the camera in this state, a low-
temperature burn may be caused.
• In places subject to extremely cold
temperatures, the temperature of the
camera’s body may be lower than the
environmental temperature. If possible,
wear gloves when handling the camera
in cold temperatures.
• To protect the high-precision technology
contained in this product, never leave the
camera in the places listed below, no matter if
in use or storage:
• Places where temperatures and/or
humidity are high or go through extreme
changes. Direct sunlight, beaches, locked
cars, or near other heat sources (stove,
radiator, etc.) or humidiﬁ ers.
• In sandy or dusty environments.
• Near ﬂ ammable items or explosives.
• In wet places, such as bathrooms or in
• In places prone to strong vibrations.
• The camera uses a lithium ion battery
speciﬁ ed by Olympus. Charge the battery
with the speciﬁ ed charger. Do not use any
• Never incinerate or heat batteries in
microwaves, on hot plates, or in pressure
• Never leave the camera on or near
This may cause overheating, burning, or
• Do not connect terminals with any metallic
• Take precautions when carrying or storing
batteries to prevent them from coming into
contact with any metal objects such as
jewelry, pins, fasteners, keys, etc.
The short circuit may cause overheating,
exploding, or burning, which burn or damage
• To prevent causing battery leaks or damaging
their terminals, carefully follow all instructions
regarding the use of batteries. Never attempt
to disassemble a battery or modify it in any
way, solder, etc.
• If battery ﬂ uid gets into your eyes, ﬂ ush
your eyes immediately with clear, cold
running water and seek medical attention
• If you cannot remove the battery from the
camera, contact an authorized distributor
or service center. Do not try to remove the
battery by force.
Damage to the battery exterior (scratches,
etc.) may produce heat or an explosion.
• Always store batteries out of the reach of
small children and pets. If they accidentally
swallow a battery, seek medical attention
• To prevent batteries from leaking,
overheating, or causing a ﬁ re or explosion,
use only batteries recommended for use with
• If rechargeable batteries have not been
recharged within the speciﬁ ed time, stop
charging them and do not use them.
• Do not use batteries with scratches or
damage to the casing, and do not scratch
• Never subject batteries to strong shocks or
continuous vibration by dropping or hitting.
This may cause exploding, overheating, or
• If a battery leaks, has unusual odor, becomes
discolored or deformed, or becomes
abnormal in any other way during operation,
stop using the camera, and keep away from
ﬁ re immediately.