In this manual, all storage devices are referred to as “cards.” The
following types of SD memory card (commercially available) can be
used with this camera: SD, SDHC, SDXC, and Eye-Fi. For the latest
information, please visit the Olympus website.
SD card write protect switch
The SD card body has a write protect switch. If you set the switch to
the “LOCK” side, you will not be able to write to the card, delete data or
format. Return the switch to the unlock position enable writing.
• The data in the card will not be erased completely even after formatting the card or
deleting the data. When discarding, destroy the card to prevent leakage of personal
• Use the Eye-Fi card in compliance with the laws and regulations of the country where the
camera is used. Remove the Eye-Fi card from the camera or disable the card functions in
airplanes and other locations where use is prohibited. g [Eye-Fi] (P. 96 )
• The Eye-Fi card may become hot during use.
• When using an Eye-Fi card, the battery may run out faster.
• When using an Eye-Fi card, the camera may function more slowly.
• Failure may occur during My Clips shooting. Please turn off the card function in this case.
• Setting the SD card’s write protect switch to the “LOCK” position will restrict some
functions such as clips shooting and playback.