Battery and charger
• The camera uses a single Olympus lithium-ion battery. Never use any battery other than
genuine OLYMPUS batteries.
• The camera’s power consumption varies widely with usage and other conditions.
• As the following consume a lot of power even without shooting, the battery will be drained
• Performing auto focus repeatedly by pressing the shutter button halfway in shooting
• Displaying images on the monitor for a prolonged period.
• When [Release Lag-Time] (P. 89 ) is set to [Short].
• When connected to a computer or printer.
• When using a drained battery, the camera may turn off without the low battery warning
• The battery will not be fully charged at the time of purchase. Charge the battery using the
provided charger before use.
• The normal charging time using the provided charger is approximately 3 hours 30 minutes
• Do not attempt to use chargers not speciﬁ cally designated for use with the supplied
battery, or to use batteries not speciﬁ cally designated for use with the supplied charger.
• There is a risk of explosion if the battery is replaced with the incorrect battery type.
• Dispose of the used battery following the instructions “ CAUTION” (P. 149).
Using your charger abroad
• The charger can be used in most home electrical sources within the range of 100 V to
240 V AC (50/60 Hz) around the world. However, depending on the country or area you
are in, the AC wall outlet may be shaped differently and the charger may require a plug
adapter to match the wall outlet. For details, ask at your local electrical shop or travel
• Do not use commercially available travel adapters as the charger may malfunction.