Contact 1.800.762.1142 for assistance. Do not return to place of purchase.
Operating Main Burners
1. Make sure all labels, packaging and protective films
have been removed from the grill.
2. Remove manufacturing oils before cooking on this
grill for the first time by operating the grill for at
least 15 minutes on (HIGH) with the lid closed. This
will “heat clean” the internal parts and dissipate
Caution: Keep outdoor gas cooking
appliance area clear and free from
combustible materials, gasoline and
other flammable vapors and liquids.
Caution: Do not obstruct the flow of
combustion and ventilation air.
Caution: Check and clean burner/
venturi tubes for insects and insect
nests. A clogged tube can lead to a fire
beneath the grill.
Caution: Attempting to light the burner
with the lid closed may cause an
1. Open lid.
2. Make sure there are no obstructions of airflow to
the burners. Spiders and insects can nest within
and clog the burner / venturi tube at the orifice. A
clogged burner tube can lead to a fire beneath the
3. All control knobs must be in the “OFF ” position.
4. LP: Connect LP gas tank per “Installing LP Gas Tank” section.
NG: Connect natural gas line per “Installing Natural Gas Line” section.
5. LP: Turn LP gas tank valve to “OPEN”.
NG: Turn “ON” natural gas main valve.
6. Select burner to light. Push and turn control knob to (HIGH).
7. Press the (electronic igniter) button and hold for up to 5 seconds to light burner.
8. If ignition does not occur in 5 seconds, turn burner control knob “OFF ”, wait 5 minutes, and
repeat lighting procedure.
9. If igniter does not light burner, use a lit match secured with the lighting rod provided to light
burners manually. Access the burners through the cooking grid and heat plates. Position the
lit match near side of the burner. (Figure 5)
Important: Always use the lighting rod provided when lighting burners with a match.
10. After lighting, observe the burner flame, make sure all burner ports are lit and flame height
matches illustration. (Figure 6)
Note: Each burner lights independently - repeat steps 5-10 for the other burners.
CAUTION: If burner flame goes out during operation, immediately turn
the control knobs to the “OFF ” position, turn the LP gas tank valve to
“CLOSED” or Natural Gas Main Valve to “OFF” and open lid to let the
gas clear for 5 minutes before re-lighting.
1. LP: Turn LP gas tank valve to “CLOSED”.
NG: Turn “OFF” natural gas main valve.
2. Turn all control knobs to the “OFF ” position.
Note: A “poof” sound is normal as the last of the LP gas is burned.
3. LP: Disconnect LP gas tank per “Disconnect LP Gas Tank” instructions.
NG: Disconnect natural gas line per “Disconnect Natural Gas Line” instructions.
Caution: Do not leave grill unattended while preheating or burning off food
residue on (HIGH). If grill has not been cleaned, a grease fire can occur.
Cooking directly over lit burners is ideal for searing in juices and grilling food requiring less than
25 minutes of grilling time, such as steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken parts, vegetables
1. Open lid and ignite the desired burner(s) per “Lighting Instructions” section..
2. Close lid and preheat grill on (HIGH).
3. Wear protective gloves and use long handle tongs to place food onto cooking grids above the
4. Adjust controls to desired flame height.
5. With lid open or closed, cook until desired internal food temperatures are achieved.
6. Turn grill OFF per “Turning Off” instructions
For more tips on direct cooking please see “Tips for Better Cookouts and Longer Grill Life”
Installing Natural Gas Line
Installation should be done by a qualified service person.
CAUTION: If young children are in the area, a locking valve should be
Connect Natural Gas Line
Before connecting, be sure that there is no debris caught in
the head of the natural gas line, head of the grill natural gas
line or in the head of the burner and burner ports.
Connect grill natural gas line to natural gas line.
Disconnect Natural Gas Line
Before disconnecting make sure the natural gas line valve is “OFF”.
Disconnect grill natural gas line from natural gas line.
Checking for Leaks
1. Make sure the regulator valve and hose connections
are securely fastened to the burner and the tank.
If your unit was assembled for you, visually check
the connection between the burner venturi pipe and
orifice. Make sure the burner venturi pipe fits over
WARNING: Failure to inspect this
connection or follow these instructions
could cause a fire or an explosion
which can cause death, serious bodily
injury, or damage to property.
2. Please refer to diagram for proper installation.
(Figures 1 and 2)
3. If the burner pipe does not rest flush to the orifice,
please contact 1.800.762.1142 for assistance.
Tank/Gas Line Connection
1. Make 2-3 oz. of leak solution by mixing one part
liquid dishwashing soap with three parts water.
2. Make sure control knobs are “OFF ” position.
3. LP: Connect LP gas tank per “Installing LP Gas Tank”
NG: Connect natural gas line per “Installing Natural
Gas Line” section.
4. LP: Turn LP gas tank valve to “OPEN”.
NG: Turn “ON” natural gas main valve.
5. Spoon leak check solution at all “X” locations
(Figures 1, 2, 4a and 4b)
a. LP: If any bubbles appear turn LP gas tank valve
to “CLOSED”, reconnect and re-test.
NG: If any bubbles appear turn natural gas main
valve “OFF”, reconnect and re-test.
b. LP: If you continue to see bubbles after several
attempts, turn LP gas tank valve to “CLOSED” and
disconnect LP gas tank, per “Disconnect LP Gas
Tank” instructions, and contact 1.800.762.1142
NG: If you continue to see bubbles after several
attempts, turn natural gas main valve “OFF”
and disconnect natural gas line and contact
1.800.762.1142 for assistance.
c. LP: If no bubbles appear after one minute turn LP
gas tank valve to “CLOSED”, wipe away solution
NG: If no bubbles appear after one minute turn
natural gas main valve “OFF”, wipe away solution
LP Gas Valve
Connection Side Burner
Operating Instructions (continued)