Replacing the lamp
• If lamp replacement is performed while the projector is suspended upside-down from the ceiling,
make sure that no one is underneath the lamp socket to avoid any possible injury or damage to
the human eyes caused by fractured lamp.
• To reduce the risk of electrical shock, always turn the projector off and disconnect the power cord
before changing the lamp.
• To reduce the risk of severe burns, allow the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes before
replacing the lamp.
• To reduce the risk of injuries to fingers and damage to internal components, use caution when
removing lamp glass that has shattered into sharp pieces.
• To reduce the risk of injuries to fingers and/or compromising image quality by touching the lens,
do not touch the empty lamp compartment when the lamp is removed.
• This lamp contains mercury. Consult your local hazardous waste regulations to dispose of this
lamp in a proper manner.
• To assure optimal performance from the projector, it is recommended that you purchase a BenQ
projector lamp for lamp replacement.
1. Turn the power off and disconnect the
projector from the wall socket. If the lamp is
hot, avoid burns by waiting for approximately
45 minutes until the lamp has cooled.
2. Loosen the screw on the lamp cover with a
3. Remove the lamp cover from the projector.
• Do not turn the power on with the lamp cover
• Do not insert your fingers between the lamp and the
projector. The sharp edges inside the projector may
4. Loosen the screw that secures the lamp.