Personalizing the projector menu display
The On-Screen Display (OSD) menus can be set according to your preferences. The
following settings do not affect the projection settings, operation, or performance.
•Menu display time in the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Menu Settings menu sets the
length of time the OSD will remain active after your last key press. The time length
ranges from 5 to 30 seconds in 5-second increments. Use / to select a suitable time
•Menu position in the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Menu Settings menu sets the OSD
position in five locations. Use / to select a preferred position.
•Language in the SYSTEM SETUP: Basic menu sets your familiar language for the On-
Screen (OSD) Menus. Use / to select your language.
•Splash Screen in the SYSTEM SETUP: Basic menu sets a preferred logo screen to be
displayed during projector start-up. Use / to select a screen.
Shutting down the projector
1. Press Power and a confirmation message
displays prompting you.
If you don't respond in a few seconds, the
message will disappear.
2. Press Power a second time. The POWER
indicator light flashes orange, the projection
lamp shuts down, and the fans will continue to
run for approximately 90 seconds to cool down
3. Once the cooling process finishes, a "Power Off
Ring Tone" will be heard. The POWER
indicator light is a steady orange and fans stop.
4. Disconnect the power cord from the wall socket
if the projector will not be used in an extended
period of time.
• To turn off the power ring tone, see "Turning off the
Power on/off ring tone" on page 39 for details.
• To protect the lamp, the projector will not respond to any commands during the cooling process.
• To shorten the cooling time, you can also activate the Quick Cooling function. See "Quick
Cooling" on page 46 for details.
• Do not unplug the power cord before the projector shutdown sequence is complete or during the
90-second cooling down process.
• If the projector is not properly shut down, to protect the lamp, when you attempt to re-start the
projector, the fans will run for a few minutes to cool down. Press Power again to start the
projector after the fans stop and the POWER indicator light turns orange.