26 Menu Functions
Using the Basic O SD menu
D epending on whether or not any video signal is connected to the projector, the Basic O SD menu offers
different available functions.
Check the following links to learn more.
• Basic OSD menu - with input signals connected
• Basic OSD menu - without input signals connected (limited menus are available)
Basic O SD menu - with input signals connected
The Basic O SD menu provides primary menu functions. Available menu items may vary depending on
the connected video sources or specified settings. Menu options that are not available will become grayed
To access the O SD menu, press MEN U on the projector or remote control.
• Use the arrow keys ( ///) on the projector or remote control to move through the menu
• Use OK on the projector or remote control to confirm the selected menu item.
To switch from the Basic OSD menu to the Advanced OSD menu, see page 25.
Menu Submenus and Descriptions
Selects a preset picture mode to suit your operating environment and input signal
The preset picture modes are described as below:
• Bright: Maximizes the brightness of the projected image. This mode is suitable
for environments where extra-high brightness is required, such as using the
projector in well lit rooms.
• Vivid: W ith well-saturated color, fine-tuned sharpness and a higher brightness
level, this is perfect for watching movies in a living room where there is a small
amount of ambient light.
• Cinema: W ith well-balanced color saturation and contrast with a low
brightness level, this is most suitable for enjoying movies in a totally dark
environment (as you would find in a commercial cinema).
• Game: Suitable for playing video games in rooms with a small amount of
• Game (Bright): Suitable for playing video games in a bright living room.
• 3D: O ptimized to bring up 3D effects when watching 3D contents.
This mode is only available when 3D function is enabled.
• U ser: Recalls the customized settings. Access the Advanced O SD menu and
see User Mode Management for details.
The function is accessible through the remote control.