(2) Connect the
electrode lead to
(1) Set MIG/MMA selector
switch to MMA
(2) Connect the earth
Installation set up for MMA (Stick) Welding with RAZOR 175-200 MIG
(1) Turn the power source on and select the MMA function with the MIG/MMA selector switch.
(2) Connection of Output Cables
Two sockets are available on this welding machine. For MMA welding the electrode holder is shown
be connected to the negative socket, while the earth lead (work piece) is connected to the positive
socket, this is known as DC- polarity. However various electrodes require a different polarity for
optimum results and careful attention should be paid to the polarity, refer to the electrode
manufacturers information for the correct polarity.
DC+ Electrode connected to output socket.
DC- Electrode connected to output socket.
(3) Set the welding current relevant to the electrode type and size being used as recommended by the
(3) Set the welding current using the amperage
(6) Hold the electrode slightly above the work
maintaining the arc while travelling at an even
(4) Place the electrode into the electrode holder
and clamp tight.
snapping the electrode away from the work
(5) Strike the electrode against the workpiece to
create an arc and hold the electrode steady to
maintain the arc.
(8) Wait for the weld to cool and carefully chip
away the slag to reveal the weld metal below.