Playing sound through the projector
You can make use of the projector (mixed mono) speaker in your presentations, and also
connect separate amplified speakers to the AUDIO OUT socket of the projector.
If you have a separate sound system, you will most likely want to connect the audio output
of your Video source device to that sound system, instead of to the mono audio projector.
You can also use a microphone to output the sound through the projector speaker.
Once connected, the audio can be controlled by the projector On-Screen Display (OSD)
menus. See "Audio Settings" on page 57 for details.
The table below describes the connection methods for different devices, and where the
sound is from.
About the microphone input
• If you wish to use a microphone, connect a 3.5 mini jack cable microphone to the
• You can use a wireless microphone as long as a wireless module is attached to the
projector’s microphone input jack and it works well with the associated devices. To
ensure a quality use of the wireless microphone, it is recommended that your
microphone conforms to the specifications listed in the table below.
• There are two ways to adjust microphone volumes.
• Directly set microphone volume levels in the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced >
Audio Settings > Microphone Volume menu or press MIC/VOL keys (+/-) on
the remote control.
• Set projector volume levels in the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Audio Settings
> Volume menu, or press VOLUME+/VOLUME- on the remote control. (The
projector volume setting will affect the microphone volume.)
• To make the microphone input available when the projector is in standby mode, turn on
the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced > Standby Settings > Microphone menu.
• If the microphone is not working, check the volume setting and cable connection.
Device PC/Component Video Video/S-Video Microphone
Audio input port AUDIO IN 1 AUDIO IN 2 (L/R) MIC
The projector can
play the sound
AUDIO IN 1/MIC AUDIO IN 2 (L/R)/MIC
• AUDIO IN 1/MIC
• AUDIO IN 2 (L/R)/
Audio output port AUDIO OUT AUDIO OUT AUDIO OUT
The selected input signal determines which sound will be played by the projector speaker,
and which sound will be output from the projector when AUDIO OUT is connected. If you
select a PC signal, the projector can play the sound received from AUDIO IN 1/MIC.
Signal Parameter Min Type Max
Transducer Principle Dynamic
Impedance 300 1K ohm
Frequency response 600 16k Hz