Notes on the LCD screen and lens
• The LCD screen is manufactured using
extremely high-precision technology so over
99.4% of the pixels are operational for effective
use. However, there may be some tiny black
points and/or bright points (white, red, blue or
green in color) that constantly appear on the
LCD screen. These points are normal in the
manufacturing process and do not affect the
recording in any way.
• Exposing the LCD screen or the lens to direct
sunlight for long periods may cause
malfunctions. Be careful when placing the
camera near a window or outdoors.
• Do not press against the LCD screen. The screen
may be discolored and that may cause a
• Images may trail across on the LCD screen in a
cold location. This is not a malfunction.
• This camera is equipped with a power zoom
lens. Be careful not to bump the lens, and be
careful not to apply force to it.
On image data compatibility
• This camera conforms with DCF (Design rule
for Camera File system) universal standard
established by JEITA (Japan Electronics and
Information Technology Industries
• Playback of images recorded with your camera
on other equipment and playback of images
recorded or edited with other equipment on your
camera are not guaranteed.
Warning on copyright
Television programs, films, videotapes, and other
materials may be copyrighted. Unauthorized
recording of such materials may be contrary to the
provisions of the copyright laws.
The pictures used in this manual
The photographs used as examples of pictures in
this manual are reproduced images, and are not
actual images shot using this camera.
Do not use/store the camera in the
• In an extremely hot, dry or humid place
In places such as in a car parked in the sun, the
camera body may become deformed and this
may cause a malfunction.
• Under direct sunlight or near a heater
The camera body may become discolored or
deformed, and this may cause a malfunction.
• In a location subject to rocking vibration
• Near strong magnetic place
• In sandy or dusty places
Be careful not to let sand or dust get into the
camera. This may cause the camera to
malfunction, and in some cases this malfunction
cannot be repaired.
Cleaning the LCD screen
Wipe the screen surface with an LCD cleaning kit
(not supplied) to remove fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the lens
Wipe the lens with a soft cloth to remove
fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the camera surface
Clean the camera surface with a soft cloth slightly
moistened with water, then wipe the surface with
a dry cloth. Do not use the following as they may
damage the finish or the casing.
• Chemical products such as thinner, benzine,
alcohol, disposable cloths, insect repellent,
sunscreen or insecticide, etc.
• Do not touch the camera with the above on your
• Do not leave the camera in contact with rubber
or vinyl for a long time.
Black, white, red,
blue and green