Notes on using your camera
Types of “Memory Stick” that can be
used (not supplied)
The IC recording medium used by this
camera is a “Memory Stick Duo”. There are
two types of “Memory Stick”.
“Memory Stick Duo”: you can use a
“Memory Stick Duo” with your
“Memory Stick”: you cannot use a
“Memory Stick” with your camera.
Other memory cards cannot be used.
When using a “Memory Stick Duo”
with “Memory Stick” compatible
You can use the “Memory Stick Duo” by
inserting it into the Memory Stick Duo
Adaptor (not supplied).
Memory Stick Duo Adaptor
No compensation for contents of the
• The contents of the recording cannot be
compensated for if recording or playback is not
possible due to a malfunction of your camera or
recording media, etc.
Internal memory and “Memory Stick
Duo” back up
• Do not turn off the camera or remove the
batteries or “Memory Stick Duo” while the
access lamp is lighted, as the internal memory
data or “Memory Stick Duo” data may be
destroyed. Always protect your data by making
a back up copy.
Notes on recording/playback
• This camera is neither dust-proof, nor splash-
proof, nor water-proof.
• Before you record one-time events, make a trial
recording to make sure that the camera is
• Be careful not to get the camera wet. Water
entering the inside of the camera may cause
malfunctions which in some cases may not be
• Do not aim the camera at the sun or other bright
light. Or it may cause the malfunction of your
• Do not use the camera near a location that
generates strong radio waves or emits radiation.
The camera may not be able to record or play
• Using the camera in sandy or dusty locations
may cause malfunctions.
• If moisture condensation occurs, remove it
before using the camera (page 8).
• Do not shake or strike the camera. In addition to
malfunctions and an inability to record images,
this may render the recording medium unusable,
or cause image data breakdown, damage or loss.
• Clean the flash surface before use. The heat of
flash emission may cause dirt on the flash
surface to become discolored or to stick to the
flash surface, resulting in insufficient light