.TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT
USE THIS FAN WITH ANY SOLID-STATE SPEED CONTROL DEVICE.
Regardless of heat level, never leave any surface materials unattended while
operating an open flame.
Always turn hood ON when cooking at high heat or when flambéing food (i.e.
Crepes Suzette, Cherries Jubilee, Peppercorn Beef Flambé).
Depending on amount of usage, clean ventilating fans and filters frequently.
Grease should not be allowed to accumulate on fan or filter. For instructions
on the how to clean, see maintenance page.
Never leave surface units unattended at high settings. Boil-overs may cause
smoking and greasy spillovers may ignite as result. Heat oils slowly on low or
Use proper pan size. Always use cookware appropriate for the size of the
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS IN THE
EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE, OBSERVE THE
SMOTHER FLAMES with a close-fitting lid, cookie sheet, or metal tray, then
turn off the burner. BE CAREFUL TO PREVENT BURNS. If the flames do not
go out immediately, EVACUATE AND CALL 911.
NEVER PICK UP A FLAMING PAN —Doing so may result in serious burns
and possibly spread the fire.
DO NOT USE WATER – Grease fire must be extinguished before further
action may be taken. Using water will agitate the grease and may cause a
violent steam explosion.
Use a Fire Extinguisher ONLY if:
You know you have a Class ABC extinguisher, and you already know
how to operate it.
The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
The fire department is being called.
You are able to safely control the fire with your back to an open exit. *
Based on ―Kitchen Fire safety Tips‖ published by NFPA.