Care of the projector
Your projector needs little maintenance. The only thing you need to do on a regular basis is
to keep the lens clean.
Never remove any parts of the projector except the lamp. Contact your dealer if other parts
Cleaning the lens
Clean the lens whenever you notice dirt or dust on the surface.
• Use a canister of compressed air to remove dust.
• If there is dirt or smears, use lens-cleaning paper or moisten a soft cloth with lens cleaner
and gently wipe the lens surface.
Never rub the lens with abrasive materials.
Cleaning the projector case
Before you clean the case, turn the projector off using the proper shutdown procedure as
described in "Shutting down the projector" on page 40 and unplug the power cord.
• To remove dirt or dust, wipe the case with a soft, lint-free cloth.
• To remove stubborn dirt or stains, moisten a soft cloth with water and a neutral pH
detergent. Then wipe the case.
Never use wax, alcohol, benzene, thinner or other chemical detergents. These can damage the
Storing the projector
If you need to store the projector for an extended time, please follow the instructions below:
• Make sure the temperature and humidity of the storage area are within the
recommended range for the projector. Please refer to "Specifications" on page 59 or
consult your dealer about the range.
• Retract the adjuster feet.
• Remove the batteries from the remote control.
• Pack the projector in its original packing or equivalent.
Transporting the projector
It is recommended that you ship the projector with its original packing or equivalent.